- Please bring your ID card every time you come to the library and not allow other people to use it.
- A reading place may not be reserved during the reader’s absence from the Library premises.
- Smoking in the Library is not permitted.
- Not to leave valuables things when you are away from the desk. The library will decline any responsibility for the lost items.
- Readers should not interfere with the comfort of other readers or make noise. Group study rooms are available for discussion.
- Users should avoid resting their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, window sills, etc.
- Please keep your cell phone on silent mode.
- Food, soft drinks, coffee, or snacks are not allowed.
- Children are not allowed.
- For any emergency case, please contact the Library staff at the desk.
TU and NSTDA members
- To access AIT Library, faculties, students and staff from Thammasart University, and National Science and Technology require to change your university or institution ID card to the AIT visitor card at the visitor desk. The visitor card can be used to access the library gate from 8.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- To search for library materials, please use the PC provided at the Searching Zone
- All print materials (textbooks, reference books, journals, theses, newspapers, etc.) can be used only in the AIT Library
- To access the internet or e-resources, please contact the staff at the reference desk.
- Items can be checked out by using the inter-library loan form. The loan period is two weeks. A late return will be charged 5 Baht per day per item.
Public Services (Visitors)
Members of the public are welcome to visit AIT Library. To access AIT Library, you may request to pay for the entrance fee, 30 Baht per day. The visitor card and the Internet Login are provided to access the library gate and internet.
Public Access to Physical Library
- Browse all the Library collections, i.e., books, journals, thesis, magazines, and newspapers. However, books and other materials can be used within the Library only.
- Access to the available computer and log in to the internet by provided login.
- Access to the Library databases and free e-resources
- Access to the photocopiers which are available on the 2nd floor of the Library. Login for using and photocopy charges are under the supervision of the library staff
Public access to Library database and online databases through the internet.
- Access to the Library Website and Library Databases for searching Library resource by going to the library website at http://library.ait.ac.th
- Access to free e-resources and download through the internet
- Access to the subscribed databases for searching but cannot download
- Books, periodicals or other materials shall not be removed from the Library’s premises without being registered at the Circulation counter.
- Books and bound volumes should be handled with great care. Please avoid keeping the volumes open face down on the table, or inserting notebooks or pencils in between the pages and closing them. Pages must not be folded to serve as bookmarks.
- Defects found in the books and other materials taken out for use or for borrowing should be brought immediately to the notice of the staff on duty. Books borrowed should be protected from any damage.
Furniture and Equipment
- Library furniture or equipment must not be misused or their arrangement is altered.
- We will hold individuals responsible for any damage to furniture and equipment.
- Bags and knapsacks are to be kept in the Library’s provided lockers. If not, the Library reserves the right to check every bag.
- The Locker has to be cleared when you leave the Library. If not, a fine of Baht 100 per day will be charged.
Request for searching library materials
Any library patron can place a request to have materials/books searched when they cannot be found. The patron can make a request in person at the Circulation Desk, or fill in a Request Finding Book Form (Blue Form). The request will be searched 3 times as follows:
- 1st time – the request will be searched on the day the request is received.
- 2nd time – the request will be searched two days after the date received.
- 3rd time – the request will be searched three days after the 2nd time search.
When the book is found, the Library will inform the patron to collect it via e-mail and by phone.
Reserve book on loan
Patrons can reserve a book currently checked out. The reserve will be on queue. Patrons are not allowed to reserve online. They will have to come in person and show their ID card to the Circulation staff.
When the book is available, the Library will inform the patron to collect it via e-mail or by phone.
When a patron needs a book currently checked out, the book may be recalled. The current borrower will be notified via e-mail or by mail. The recalled material(s) must be returned within 10 days of the date recalled. Items that are already due cannot be renewed. Once the recalled item is returned, it will be placed on hold to be collected by requester. A notice will be sent via e-mail or by mail when the book is available.