MDPI is an academic open access publisher, established in 1996 in Basel, Switzerland. Over 200 peer-reviewed open access journals across ten different fields have been published.
Institutional Open Access Program (IOAP)
MDPI is dedicated to providing free access to the latest research. To cover the costs of publishing open access, authors are billed for article processing charges (APCs) for accepted papers. IOAP participants benefit from discounts.
AIT Library as a MDPI institutional participant (Type – Non-central: invoiced to author)
The Library has applied for MDPI institutional membership from May 2016 to present. The Library does not pay any membership fee, but the author who submits his/her paper will have to pay the article processing charges (APCs) with 10% discount. The author will be invoiced.
As part of the membership, MDPI also offers free access to online submission system, where published articles and those under processing can be viewed. The initial version of each paper submitted to the journal will be accessible and all relevant data can be exported as an Excel-readable CLS file.
To date, MDPI has published 18 articles from authors and co-authors affiliated with the Asian Institute of Technology. To view the articles, please access this link – http://sci.fo/1tr
For more information on MDPI, please refer to: http://www.mdpi.com/about
To submit the article
- Go to https://www.mdpi.com/
- Click on “Register” to create your account.
- Create your profile and save.
- Log in with your account and click on “Submit”
- Fill in the information regarding your article to be submitted.
- Select IOAP during Submission (for 10 % discount and the author will be invoiced.)
- Authors are prompted in the last step of submission to determine if they are eligible for discounts under the open access program
- The program is pre-selected if authors are submitting from within the network of the institute (IP range detection)
- MDPI staff cross-check all incoming submissions